If you really want to succeed on a clean eating lifestyle you have to figure how to create healthy versions of foods you like to eat that are less than healthy. That's why today I want to share with you this delicious clean eating cauliflower tortilla recipe.
Yes you can now enjoy healthy tortillas that actually taste good! (I would still recommend avoiding cheese) As dairy is not the best for your immune system, creates inflammation and allergies...
The great thing about these cauliflower tortillas is that they are gluten and grain free as well. They also fall into the low carbohydrate category.
These tortillas are so tasty that I usually eat the left overs at breakfast with scrambled eggs.
There are a couple of ways to breakdown the cauliflower to use in this recipe.
The quickest and easiest way is breaking up the cauliflower and pulsing it in a large food processor.
You could also use a grater if you have a large enough one. Or you can do the low tech way with a knife. This way you would have to add one more step. After I steam the cauliflower I used potato masher to fully breakdown the cauliflower.
I also suggest steaming the cauliflower. I know that out there on the web you'll find similar recipes but most people are using microwaves. Yeah, there is nothing really clean eating about adding radiation into your food.
It kills off vital nutrients while the radiation stays in the food up to 30 minutes...
So instead of microwaving this recipe for 4 minutes please steam it for 10 minutes instead.
Hope you enjoy making these Clean Eating cauliflower tortillas!
Pre-heat oven at 375 degrees.
Since I didn't use a food processor I had to do one more step. I chopped up the cauliflower then steamed it. Dumped out the water from the pot then tossed in the cauliflower and mashed it with a potato masher.
You then place the mashed cauliflower on a cloth strain out all the water. Then in a large bowl you toss all the ingredients and mix well.
Next lay out parchment paper on a baking sheet. And lay out the mixture in shapes like tortillas. And bake for 20 minutes at 375 degrees. Flip after 10 minutes.
1 whole Cauliflower
1/4 Cup Cilantro
1 Tablespoon Lime Juice
1 Teaspoon Turmeric
Pinch of Black Pepper (this helps your body absorb the turmeric)
Pinch of Sea Salt
1. Pre-heat oven at 375 degrees.
2. Breakdown the Cauliflower into rice size pieces. Either with a food processor, grater, or knife.
3. Steam 10-12 minutes.
4. Remove the cauliflower from steamer and place the cauliflower on a kitchen towel or cloth. Ring out all the water. ( You might want to let the cauliflower cool down a few minutes before doing this step).
5. In a large bowl add the cauliflower and the rest of the ingredients and and mix well.
6. Lay out parchment paper on a baking sheet.
7. Spread out cauliflower mixture into tortilla size shape on the baking sheet. Make them about 1/4 thick.
8. Bake for 20 minutes. Flip once at 10 minutes.
9. Serve and enjoy!